I really like bacon. I really like cornbread. So, why not both? I substituted with “healthy” bacon because if you’re eating this everyday you want to make this healthy, no? Now you’ve got breakfast for dayz. This is a super budget friendly recipe (less than $10 for a week of breakfast!)
1 8.5 oz box of cornbread mix
1 pack of healthy (I know, it’s painful. I like the traditional style as well) bacon
Cook time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes 400 degrees
1. Panfry bacon over medium-high heat until cooked.
2. Make cornbread mix according to package instructions (don’t bake it yet! Just prepare the mix) in a medium mixing bowl
3. Cut the bacon into bite sized pieces
4. Add bacon to the corn bread mix. Make sure the bacon is cool to the touch. Pour into baking pan
5. Stick the mix into the oven according to corn bread mix instructions 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Not pretty. But tasty. Is there another way to make it look nicer? Let me know if you made it faster, uglier, prettier, or which ever.