Welcome back to my ugly kitchen recipes.
Today is Day 3 of the 12 days of Blogmas and we’re making the best cheese fondue for a cozy winter night. Don’t forget to pair some good red wine to go with your cheese fondue.
Best Cheese Fondue Recipe
The best cheese fondue I’ve ever had was in Lucerne, Switzerland. I can still remember how warm and cozy the restaurant felt: the wooden panels, the pots and pans lining the walls, and the snow falling on the frosted windows. It’s amazing how food can invoke such memories.
Cozy Fondue Recipe
After much careful experimenting, I've found a winning combination for cheese fondue! Here it is!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lb Emmentaler cheese
- 1 lb Gruyere cheese
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, oregano, and/or thyme optional (if you have a herb garden like us!)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Things to Dip in Your Cheese Fondue
- 1 apple, cut into cubes
- 1 pack hot link sausages, sliced
- 1 baguette, cut into cubes
- 1 bunch grapes
- 1 potato, cubed and sauteed
Chop the garlic cloves in half and cook in a pan with a generous amount of oil until light golden brown.
Grate the cheeses using a grater. Mix the grated cheese with a tablespoon of cornstarch.
In a small pot, melt the cheese. Add the wine, cooked garlic, and herbs. Stir to combine. Cook for five minutes. When done, pour into a fondue pot (see link below) or a Little Dipper from Crockpot (see link below)
Dip the apples, bread cubes, hot links, grapes, or anything else you'd like coated in melted cheese.
What Fondue Equipment Should I Use?
Do you have a Little Dipper? From the picture, you can see that we used the Little Dipper pot that the Crockpot came with to make our cheese fondue:
Your second option is to get a fondue pot with a cute little candle that could be perfect for a cozy evening. Here’s Amazon’s Choice product for a fondue pot:
Say Cheese? 🙂
Support the blog!
- Clicking on any Amazon link such as one of the affiliate links here and buying *anything* through Amazon (I get a small like under 10% commission on it, but with no cost to you at all)
- Sharing this post (buttons below)
- Following me on Instagram
- Commenting on this post with your thoughts
- Visiting my blog/subscribing!