Sweet and salty.
Soft and crunchy.
This recipe delivers on all these sensations. It’s filling and fast, suited for all our busy schedules and lives. It’s very budget friendly and could be made for less than $15. What better way to satisfy your hunger and budget needs?
First I’d just like to make a life suggestion: have some pasta or staple grain stocked in your cupboard for easy access at anytime. Usually when this stuff goes on sale at the grocery store for ten boxes for ten dollars, I load up my cart! I’ll always need pasta.
4 dishes to wash
MacApple and Cheese Recipe 1. box of macaroni 2. kale (and/or other hearty green vegetable, like broccoli) 3. Provolone cheese (the deli $lices won’t break your bank) 4. purple onion 5. hot dogs 6. Half n Half7. 7 apples8. Garlic9. White Wine from Trader Joe’s $2.99
- Pasta: take your pot. Fill half way with water. Boil pasta to your heart/tongue/soul’s content.
2. Protein: meanwhile, slice your hot dogs on cutting board. Think bite sized. Take a skilletà turn up to medium high heat. Add to skillet. Let them tan like the pan is the sun
3. Vegetables: meanwhile, wash your kale/broccoli. Slice your onion and mince the garlic
4. Drain pasta from step 1 and then take hot dogs from step 2 and put them on top of pasta. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. The Sauce: Mince garlic and add to the skillet over medium-high heat. Pour 1 pint of the half n half into skillet. Add provolone. Let melt. Mix. Wait to simmer. Add a splash of the white wine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. When sauce is melted and thickened to your liking, add the sauce and rip kale off stalk and add to the pasta pot. Stir this up
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes to let it set
7. Slice apples and serve with mac n cheese. Voila!
Did you make it uglier? Was it not as ugly when you made it?